Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Prayer Request for Brad Bulla and family

For all of you prayer warriors out there, please add this to your prayer list. This one is close to my heart because Brad is my soon-to-be brother-in-law and he and his family are very special to us. Brad lost his son, Jed, in a car accident in August of 2005. The kid driving, Brian Stevens who was 16 at the time, was drunk and flipped his truck on the highway. Jed was thrown from the truck and killed. Brian was fine a few days later and received no punishment whatsoever for the accident and his part in it. Tomorrow is a court hearing for the charge of vehicular manslaughter that they are FINALLY charging him with. Here is a prayer request from Brad:

Hey everybody,

The vehicular homicide hearing / trial for Brian Stevens is tomorrow morning at 9 AM. I am so grateful for the support and true friendship I received from each of you through the most difficult time in my life – thank you. You are a remarkable group of people. I have another hurdle in this process facing me tomorrow, If you feel so inclined, please keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow morning – I know I am going to need them.

Thank you,
Brad



Please keep Brad, Tracy, Carol (Brad's ex wife), Carol's husband, and Brad and Carol's children: Jenny Anne, Luke, Jesse, Hannah, Kit and Allegra all in your prayers. It's been a hard road for all of them and although this is good news that something is being done about Jed's death, it's still hard for the family to have to relive the accident once more.

"Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted." Matthew 5:4
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12
"Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay,"says the Lord." Romans 12:19