Friday, March 7, 2008

Ashton says "BYE BYE" to Preschool... HELLO homeschool!


This is Ashton and Hayden at Preschool. Hayden was the reason why we kept Ashton in preschool this year. They are the best of friends! We put Ashton (and Brayden) in preschool for social reasons, but since being at Grace Point, they really have tons of friends! Last week, Hayden's mom took him out of this preschool and put him in the Pre-K class at the elementary school where his sister goes (pre-k is free). So, we decided to take Ashton out as well since he had been doing so well doing homeschool with me on Tuesday and Thursdays and no longer wanted to go to school since Hayden wasn't there. Just know listen to the difference... when we started a little over a month ago, he had no interest in learning letters or sounds, or anything like that. I was getting a little worried since Brayden learned all this before he was 2! BUT, the miracle is that since I have been doing homeschool with him, he is now READING on his own! He loves to do basic math and learn new words to read. He really feels like he is measuring up to his brother and it's so great! I'm very proud of him and he is, too. It's also been great practice for me because I have tossed around the ideas of homeschooling for next year. We're totally going to try it out, so it should be fun!

2 comments:

the swineharts said...

yeah homeschool rocks! Trust me, you will love it!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you for not letting your children get "left behind" in public school. Praise the Lord!