Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Little Truth about The War...

This is a myspace message from my friend, a soldier in Iraq who I went to high school with, sent me today. I asked him what he felt about the war... it's something that we rarely hear about. You know, feelings from the soldiers that are involved with the war more personally than anyone in the media or congress. We never hear what they think about it, only how awful it is that we are still over there and how nothing has been accomplished. Well, here's a little insight from a fellow soldier:

I would like you to know that on behalf of my guys and myself we all appreciate your support. As you said it seems that the media is against us completely. Why, we will never know. I wish that we could go back to older days and just kick their rear ends out of the country or at least limit them on what was seen. Although, you and I both know that will never happen. I just wish that they would tell more of how we have helped these people over here. Of course there will always be organizations out there that are always against us, but that is besides the point. We, the United States along with help from others that believe in better have changed this country, have helped build an economy, and have pushed out most of those that are against a true democracy. Again I would like you to know that we truly do appreciate your support. Thank you.Please take care of yourself and please stay in touch. It really has been great talking to you. Your support to our country and all of us crazy soldiers over here is a blessing, especially with all of the media that doesn't support a war on terror. I look forward to again hearing from you. Stay safe.
Jason

(Jason Logan)

No comments: