Monday, August 13, 2007

Bedtime Chats

Before lights out, the boys like to have "heart to heart" talks. Tonight was a very memorable one that I needed to jot down to remember for all times. Here's a little back story to help go along with what we talked about tonight:
When I picked Brayden up from school on Friday, we drove home. On the way, I asked him about school (what he did, what he ate, etc.). He tells me this," It was good, mom, but I need to tell you something very important." "Ok," I say, "Go ahead." "Well, I was sitting at my desk and I started thinking in my brain about you and here's why. I was thinking in my brain that I missed you, I missed you a lot because I love you. That's why, mom. That's why I was thinking in my brain about you, that I love you so much and that's why I don't want to go to school all day because I miss you." (HOW SWEET!) Ok, so I begin to tell him about how much I love and miss him too, but it's important for him to go to school so he can learn all kinds of things and be a scientist (what he says he wants to be when he grows up) so he can learn all the things there is to know about the job. He then tells me, "But I will miss you so much! I don't want to get married when I grow up and leave our house and family!" He starts to cry at this point and my heart breaks as I smile at his sweet innocence. I calm him down by telling him it's okay if he doesn't want to get married, he has plenty of time before he needs to think about that. He seemed okay with that response and the whole way home, I heard him trying to not cry. Ok, so below is what went on tonight.

Ashton started talking about why he has to go to bed and Mommy and Daddy get to stay up. I explained to him that when I was little, I had to go to bed to get plenty of rest and since I am an adult, I can handle staying up later now. So, that got them thinking - "Hey, you were little once?" It's funny, because it's like it just registered that we all grow up to them even though we've showed them pictures, etc. about when we were little. Ashton asked if I was a boy or girl when I was little and I explained that I have always been a girl, just like they will always be boys and Emy will always be a girl. Anyway, Brayden said that he will be a father when he grows up (he has learned that father relates to being a boy). Then, he made the "I don't want to get married and leave the family" statement. So, Ashton says, "I don't want to get married either. I just want to stay in the family and live with you guys." I tell him that's okay to do and I also tell them that if they do decide to get married, that we would be okay with that, too. Ashton tells me, "I don't think I want to get married because I don't like to kiss girls and dance." HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I about died laughing. So, end result is that my boys do not want to ever get married and they want to live with us forever, even when they get big. LOVE IT! =)

2 comments:

the swineharts said...

so precious! I love night time heart to heart chats!

Tracy said...

I am thinking in my brain how much I miss Brayden! I also want to kiss and dance with Ashton!