Sunday, March 21, 2010

My Easter Candy Find...

Michelle told me about a GREAT deal on Easter candy the other day! We were so blessed to be able to get to Rite Aid last night before they closed and wiped them all out of Hershey's candy! Rite Aid has these awesome coupons available: $3/$15 and $5/25, plus many more that you can use for your transactions.

Here's what I did:

Hershey's Bagged Candy $1.99 each
-$2/3 Hershey's Printable
-$2/3 Hershey's In Ad Coupon

Transaction #1:
13 bags of Hershey's $1.99 each
-$5/$25**
-$3/$15**
-(4) $2/3 Hershey's Printables
-(4) $2/3 Hershey's in ad Coupon

Total: $1.87 plus tax
**The girl took both of my $/$$ coupons. I asked her if they allowed this, and she just scanned them to see if it would work. It did, so she allowed it.

Since the candy was such a GREAT deal, I went to Amy's to print more coupons! Then, I went back and did the deal again. I only had (2) $3/$15 coupons, though. This time, a different cashier was there and she wouldn't allow me to use both $/$$ coupons in the same order. I was supposed to do 2 more transactions, but she just did this for me since my order total was at least $30 ($15+ $15 for both $3/$15 coupons). She said they just had a meeting about it last week (I guess my previous cashier missed that meeting).

Transaction #2:
15 Bags of Hershey's Candy $1.99 each
-$3/$15
-$3/$15
-(5) $2/3 Hershey's Printables
-(5) $2/3 Hershey's in ad Coupons

Total: $3.85 plus tax

TOTAL: $5.72 plus tax for 28 bags of Easter Candy! YAY! Of course, they are all for our church easter egg hunt next week! =)

No comments: